Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Recipe
Try this mini doughnut recipe this holiday season.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp Sbragia pumpkin pie spice ( Ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, ground allspice )
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp + 1 tsp Sbragia pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Special equipment: three 6-cup nonstick doughnut pans (or a muffin tin)
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
4. Beat the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil, butter, vanilla, and eggs together in another large bowl until a smooth consistency
5. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat until just combined.
6. Fill three 6-cup nonstick doughnut pans with the batter so that each mold is almost full. Smooth the tops with a moistened finger.
7. bake the doughnuts until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Invert the doughnuts onto a cooling rack.
8. For the topping: Stir the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl. Working on at a time, brush the doughnuts all over with butter, then dip them in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Try this pumpkin pie spice doughnut recipe this holiday season with our Zinfandel from the Dry Creek Valley. This wine blends fruit from the La Promessa and Gino’s vineyard. This Zinfandel lives in a state of balance between fruit from old vines and younger vines, as well as a vineyard at the hottest end of the valley and one at the cooler end. Gino’s has a surprising depth in its tannins and cinnamon qualities on the finish.
Baking Spice ǀ Cinnamon ǀ Berries