1. Special equipment: three 6-cup nonstick doughnut pans (or a muffin tin)
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
4. Beat the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil, butter, vanilla, and eggs together in another large bowl until a smooth consistency
5. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat until just combined.
6. Fill three 6-cup nonstick doughnut pans with the batter so that each mold is almost full. Smooth the tops with a moistened finger.